Friday

Is it bad?

So I'm thinking it may be a bad sign if I'm already getting ready for Christmas. If I had it my way, I would have completely surrounded myself with Christmas decorations by now. Alas, I am but a poor college student and I have decided to settle on a Christmas-tree scented candle.

I was on the phone with my mom last night and she said she's excited to have me home for Thanksgiving. It was then that we realized we had both unconsciously taken a month off of November, thinking that next week is Thanksgiving. What is it about this time of year that makes weeks run together, holidays not come fast enough, yet are over before we know it?

How good it will feel to go home for maybe a couple hours, just to be crammed into the car again. Since the addition of my two lovely youngest siblings, we typically opt to take two cars on family vacations. Still, 8 people and a black lab the size of a large pony, plus luggage and our contributions to the family Thanksgiving pot luck dinners: always a large load. I can't imagine any other joy I would rather experience right now.

Of course Thanksgiving will always be the red-headed step child in comparison to the greatness that is Christmas. I'm sure my grandmother will continue her annual tradition of recruiting grandkids as troops in attempt to conquer WalMart every Black Friday at 5am. Seriously, she gives us stations. "You go stand by the GPS's... Yo go stand by the digital cameras..." It's intense. She could probably navigate around that store with her eyes closed.

Okay, so I guess Thanksgiving will be enough to tie me over for now. But you best believe that Christmas is always the icing on the cake. Until then, I will be ever hovering over my Balsam Fir Tree scented candle. Joy to the world :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that I found you!!! :) Can't wait to catch up on your life!

    ReplyDelete